Sunday, February 6, 2011

Arrival

Hello world,

i am writing this blog to share my experience in the Peace Corps. It seems  like a very common thing to do for Peace Corps volunteers and I have been getting many request from girls to start a blog, well not many girls, ok its just one girl, fine its just my mom. I will try my best to keep you updated on my life out here in Ecuador.

I have been here a little less than a week and am currently living in Tumbaco a province of the capital Quito. It is probably a 45 minute bus ride to the capital. Hereis the location on google map, Tumbaco. It is kind of a small town in the middle of the mountains, actually it is really high up in the mountains. I am staying with a great host family that have treated me very good and will be with them for 3 months at least till my training is over. From there I will be given a project and will be moved out to another site. Ecuador is a really beutifull country and I am really glad to be here. Ive been trying all sorts of new foods and fruits. The fruits here are truly amazing none of that crappy over priced fruits you get at you local publix. Everything is so cheap and incredibly good. Pics to come up soon.  

1 comment: